Travis Scott’s Dior Collaboration Canceled After Astroworld

Travis Scott performs on stage during the third annual Astroworld Festival on November 5, 2021, which was declared a mass casualty incident.

Travis Scott performs on stage during the third annual Astroworld Festival on November 5, 2021, which was declared a mass casualty incident. (Photo: Getty Images)

Travis Scott’s Fallout continues, seven weeks after the deadly Astroworld Festival. The fashion house confirmed on Tuesday that the rapper’s long-awaited collection with Dior has been cancelled.

“Out of respect for everyone affected by the tragic events at Astroworld, Dior has decided to postpone indefinitely the launch of products from the Cactus Jack co-op that was originally scheduled to be included in its summer 2022 collection,” the company says. WWD. Scott’s team noted at the outlet that he and Dior had mutually decided to postpone the release of the group in January.

The capsule group collaboration between men’s artistic director Kim Jones and Scott Cactus Jack’s line was another big sign for the rapper. The “Goosebumps” singer, 30, has teamed up with Nike, McDonald’s, and Playstation for highly successful partnerships. Forbes Scott called it “the corporate brand of America whisperer.”

Ten people were killed and hundreds injured during a November 5 concert in Houston, Texas, which continued to perform for 37 minutes after the “mass casualty” incident began, insisting he doesn’t know what’s going on.

RELATED VIDEO: Travis Scott asks for his name to be dropped from lawsuits after Astroworld tragedy

Scott has been named in multiple lawsuits totaling more than $3 billion, but he has denied responsibility for the tragedy. Crisis PR expert Eric Schaefer told Yahoo Entertainment last month that the damage to his brand has already been done.

“It was a brand disaster with a box of blunders,” Schaffer declared. After the accident, he said he was devastated, but Travis’s initial words are incredible with a lot of people. Why did he keep performing when the emergency cars were coming to a stop if he was so wrecked? Why didn’t he stop the music and the producers announced it? Why did he and Drake throw a party right afterwards? ?

Schaefer said Scott, who issued a statement about 24 hours after the incident, was “slow to respond.”

“Attempts to manage his brand have not changed the perception that he allowed an environment that caused a deadly night of music,” Schaefer added. “You are witnessing the most incredible brand of singer-songwriter in modern American history. Travis sitting on a powder keg can see his empire flourish.”

Leave a Comment